Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Is it Daylight Savings Time?" "Uh..."

I realized when I got home this evening that I hadn't yet posted today, and I've been trying to do a post every day. In the car, on the way home, I was talking to my mother.

ME: What's my bedtime tonight?
MOM: Ten. Why?
ME: I dunno.
MOM: What? You get to sleep in an hour tomorrow!
ME: So can't I just stay up an extra hour?
MOM: No. You woke up too late today.
ME: 10 o' clock! If I stay up an extra hour tonight, it'll be the same thing as waking up at the same time tomorrow, except for if we didn't do things with numbers then it wouldn't but since we do go back an hour it's okay.
MOM: No.
ME: Oh, wait. So, tomorrow will be... Daylight Savings?
MOM: Daylight Standards Time.
ME: Oh, YES! When I start Yellow Version (Pokémon) tomorrow, I won't have to run into the kitchen and ask you if it's Daylight Savings or not!

The rest of the car ride home was spent with Mom trying to convince me that it would be a good learning experience to take up the viola.

UPDATE: I can't play Yellow Version because that one's my brother's, so I'm going to either find Red Version, or attempt a Jhoto one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have something to say! Or maybe you don't have something to say. That's okay too. I understand.