Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Not-So-Dramatic Retelling of My Trip to Michael's

If any of you have ever been to Michael's, then you know how much fun it is to roam that store for hours on end, just looking at all the endless possibilities and different things you can make. If you haven't been, it's a craft store with endless possibilities. You should go. Right now.

WELL, now that you're all back from your trips to Michael's, you should be prepared to read the rest of this post. Here we go!

So, I originally went to Michael's to get some lettered beads for making presidential friendship bracelets (You know, friendship bracelets that say "George Washington," or something)... but when I got there, not only did I find those, but I also found a watch clock and a chain and a big clip! And do you know what is made with those components? A POCKET WATCH. I've always wanted one. And, recently, I saw one in a store when I was shopping with my mom, and I said, "Oh, man, Mom, I seriously want to get this." She told me no. She told me this evening, though, on our way out of Michael's, that, when she was my age, she also wanted a pocket watch, and she asked her parents for the one sitting on the mantel and they said, "NO! THAT BELONGED TO YOUR GREAT-GRANDFATHER! DO NOT TOUCH THAT!!" So, I just had to make my own. And...

I MADE A POCKET WATCH AND IT MAKES SUCH A DELIGHTFUL TICKING NOISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have something to say! Or maybe you don't have something to say. That's okay too. I understand.